The Key To Keeping The Cockroaches In Corona Out Of Your Home
August 15, 2022
The thought of cockroaches in your home sends shivers down one's spine. No one wants to walk into the bathroom in the middle of the night, flip on the light switch, and be confronted by cockroaches scurrying for cover.
If you have seen a cockroach in your home or are ready to ensure you don't get them in your house, you need the Corona pest control services of Allied Pest Control. We will stop any infestation of cockroaches in your home so you can relax and enjoy your home.
What Attracts Roaches To Your Home
Your home is the perfect designation for the three things cockroaches seek: food, water, and shelter. Most cockroaches prefer temperatures above 70℉; when the weather turns cooler, they begin to seek out the warmer climates found in homes.
Like all living things, cockroaches in Corona need water and food to survive. When entering a house to escape cooler weather, American, German, and Oriental cockroaches- the most common in homes- gravitate to moist areas. Locations of moisture in the home include the basement, drains in bathrooms, and around leaky pipes.
Once in the home, cockroaches seek out food, and the areas where they find a harvest include the kitchen, pantry, kitchen cabinets, and other eating areas. They are not only attracted to food crumbs but also rotting food and fruit found in garbage cans.
Ten Ways To Kill Cockroaches In Your Home
The following are ten methods for killing cockroaches in the house:
- Peppermint Oil: Mix fifteen drops of the oil in ten ounces of water and spray on cockroaches.
- Borax And Sugar Combination: Combine three parts borax with one part sugar and, while wearing gloves, apply the mixture to infestation areas.
- Duct Tape: A safe way to get rid of cockroaches is to use duct tape. Place a piece of food on the sticky side of duct tape.
- Baking Soda Mixture: Sprinkle multiple applications of this mixture consisting of equal parts baking soda and sugar in infested areas.
- Boric Acid: This acid is not as safe for animals and humans as the baking soda method. Apply boric acid only in dry, infested areas.
- Diatomaceous Earth: Purchase the food-grade version of this all-natural product to avoid harming pets or people. Sprinkle on the bugs when you see them.
- Fabric Softener: This homemade cockroach spray consists of three parts softener and two parts of water. Spray directly on the cockroach to kill it.
- Silica Aerogel: Combine three parts silica aerogel with one part sugar and dust areas of infestation. Use this in locations where no animals or people will be present.
- Soapy Water: Mix five tablespoons of liquid detergent in two pints of water and spray the pests when you see them.
- Listerine Mixture: Combine one cup of mouthwash and one cup of water; spray on the cockroaches.
Some methods are quicker killers of cockroaches, while others require repeated applications. Please note which of the ten ideas can be harmful to humans or pets and apply appropriately.
What Doesn't Work When Trying To Get Rid Of Roaches
Many do-it-yourself solutions for eliminating cockroaches work if applied directly to the cockroach, but having the homemade product handy whenever you see a cockroach can be a problem. Furthermore, the DYI solutions do not address the real problem: cockroach eggs. To rid your house of cockroach eggs requires cockroach pest control in Corona, Allied Pest Control.
Professional Cockroach Control Can Be A Huge Help
Knowing and implementing the information from this article will help reduce and control any cockroach population in your home. However, to get rid of roaches, you need our experts at Allied Pest Control. We use environmentally safe and effective treatments targeting existing cockroaches and their eggs. Contact us today and let us solve your cockroach problem.
Contact Allied Pest Control Today!(951) 783-4269
Reach out to us for pest control in Corona, CA and the surrounding areas.