What You Should Know About Dangerous Spiders In Corona
June 15, 2022
There's nothing quite like the spine-tingling, cold sweat-inducing feeling one gets from a spider spotting. Though spiders provide an essential role in our ecosystem by preying on other pests, most people would prefer not to have them living inside or outside their homes.
Unfortunately, spiders are common throughout Corona and can be challenging to get rid of without professional assistance. If you're dealing with a spider problem in your home or business, contact a Corona pest control contractor for help.
The Two Types Of Dangerous Spiders In Corona
While several different kinds of spiders call Corona home, only two pose a severe threat to humans: the black widow and the brown recluse.
- Black Widow: Black widows are the most feared spiders in Corona. This is primarily because their venom is incredibly potent. While fatalities from black widow bites are rare, they can cause serious health problems, including muscle pain, nausea, and paralysis.
- Brown Recluse: The brown recluse is a small but still deadly spider. They're shy and reclusive by nature, which is why they're often hard to spot. However, their venom can cause severe tissue damage and even seizures in some cases.
Handling poisonous spiders isn't something that you should take lightly. If you suspect you have either of these spiders on your property, contact a Corona pest control contractor immediately. They'll safely remove the spiders from your property.
What To Know About Dangerous Spider Bites
If you're bitten by a highly venomous spider, it's essential to seek medical attention immediately. In most cases, a spider bite will cause redness, swelling, and pain at the site.
However, if you experience any of the following symptoms, it's important to seek medical attention right away:
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty breathing
In some cases, a spider bite can be life-threatening. Promptly get rid of spiders before they can cause any harm. Contact a pest exterminator today.
Factors That Can Attract Dangerous Spiders To Your Property
While spotting spiders in your house can be alarming, it's important to remember that not all spiders are dangerous. Many people wonder what attracts spiders to their property in the first place. There are several factors that can attract spiders to your home or office, including:
- Dark, quiet spaces: Spiders love dark, quiet places where they can build their webs without being disturbed. If you have a lot of clutter or areas you rarely use, chances are you're attracting spiders.
- Food: Spiders are attracted to food sources, including insects and other spiders. If you have an underlying pest problem, you're also likely attracting spiders.
- Water: Like most creatures, spiders need water to survive. If your property has any standing water or areas with excess moisture, you're more likely to attract spiders.
- Easy access: Spiders can squeeze through tiny cracks and crevices to get inside your home. Spiders may be more likely to get inside if you have any cracks or holes in your exterior walls.
Before looking for a pest control contractor, here are a few pointers to help reduce the risk of spiders invading your home:
- Remove clutter from your property
- Keep your home and office clean and free of insects
- Seal any cracks or holes in your walls or foundation
- Install door sweeps and window screens
- Use yellow light bulbs outside as they attract less insects
Following these tips can help reduce the risk of spiders invading your property. But, if you already have a spider problem, it's best to contact a professional for assistance.
The Best Way To Remove Dangerous Spiders From Your Property
The best way to kill spiders is through professional help. A pest control contractor will have the tools, knowledge, and expertise to safely remove dangerous spiders from your property.
If you're worried about spiders on your property, contact Allied Pest Control in Corona. We pride ourselves on our ability to tailor our services to each client's individual needs. We back our residential pest control services with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Call us today for a free quote.
Contact Allied Pest Control Today!(951) 783-4269
Reach out to us for pest control in Corona, CA and the surrounding areas.